What Is A Qualifying Disability?
Not all disabilities qualify a person for Social Security benefits. In all disability claims, the Social Security Administration takes several factors into account to deciding whether or not an applicant is eligible for benefits.
One such factor is determining whether the claimed disability is listed in the agency’s impairment listing manual. This manual, sometimes referred to as the Blue Book, lists a variety of physical and mental impairments that may automatically qualify the applicant for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) — if the applicant’s condition meets the specified criteria for that listing.
Qualifying Disability Conditions
At my law firm, The Law Center for Social Security Disability, I am attorney who focuses solely on helping disabled individuals obtain the Social Security benefits they deserve. For over 30 years, I have helped clients in the greater Oklahoma City metro area determine what type of benefits to apply for, prepare applications that are complete, accurate and designed to increase the chances for benefits approval, and challenge adverse determinations that are clearly against the weight of the evidence.
I have helped thousands of clients establish that they are entitled to benefits based on a qualify disability, including disabilities such as
- Back injuries and other musculoskeletal problems
- Coronary artery disease and other cardiovascular conditions
- Vision and hearing loss, as well as other issues related to the senses and speech
- Asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other respiratory illnesses
- Multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s disease and epilepsy
- Depression, anxiety, schizophrenia and other neurological disorders
- HIV/AIDS, lupus and other immune system disorders
- Dermatitis and other skin disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and other digestive tract problems
- Kidney disease and other genitourinary problems
Get Strong, Experienced Representation
With strong local ties and an in-depth knowledge of how our regional SSA agency operates, I have also successfully helped disabled people receive benefits even where their disability did not satisfy the exact listing requirements for their particular illness or condition. Similarly, I may also be able to help you obtain an award of disability benefits even if your impairment is not listed in the Social Security Disability Blue Book.
Contact a local lawyer today to help you get the benefits you deserve. Call The Law Center for Social Security Disability today at 405-896-8852, or send me an email online to schedule your free initial consultation.